2008-02-04

Smokeless

Today marks my 11th day without a cigarette.
I can't take too much credit for quitting- getting that second tooth pulled figured into it quite a bit. Ielaborated on how this came about in my journal 'Quitting' over at DA. Of course something has to give and the money I would have spent on cigarettes for this month went into a snack budget- I kind of overdid it but I think I'm a bit entitled for the first month and its certainly not all for my benefit- my husband has a sweet tooth as well!


Bigger View

I was talking with my sister on the phone today and she mentioned going to 'aquasize' with her friend. I thought about this all afternoon and concluded that there was no reason why I shouldn't take up swimming to loose weight. There is a pool only 20 minutes walk from home and it opens at 6:00am so it's not like I would have to feel self conscious with too many people around! I know if I don't exert myself more I will become painfully overweight so I made the resolve to go tomorrow.

This past weekend my husband and I drove out to Mission to explore the mountains but unfortunately the road that interested me hadn't been plowed so we probably only went a fifth of the way. One of those roads that the logging companies build and are open to the public "at your own risk". It was nice- lots of fresh air, clean mountain water, great views...just a bit nerve wracking with all the slimy slush and snow.

The sunsets and sunrises are prettier in the colder weather- at least when its not raining which is rare. Rarer still is to find a good place to get the shot I'm looking for but we did manage:


From Tretheway Street

Unfortunately, there were 2 specks of dust on my lens during the weekend shoot that I only became aware of once I uploaded the photos onto my computer. That would probably explain the focusing difficulties I had and consequently blurry photos. *sob*
I did clean all my lenses after that...
My last photo has a title that was inspired by all the house hunting I'm doing on line. :)



I Could Live Here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of the mountains. If I ever move again, I would probably try to move somewhere with mountains and water. I love the Bay here, but Michigan doesn't have much in the way of mountains.

I'm glad to hear you stopped smoking. Good for you!

The Hunter's Wife said...

Congrats on the smokefree! Did you just up and quit?